Valentine Treat Holder Made Easy
I made a whole bowl full of this Valentine Treat Holder for my Stamp Club this week. The gorgeous Painted with Love Designer Series Specialty Paper makes these little gems so pretty. It has 6 different brush stroke designs with gold foil accents on the fronts and colorful brushstroke imagery (yes, there are some hearts!) on the backs. The treat holders are the perfect size for a Fun Size Twix or your favorite candy. It could easily be modified to fit a row of Hershey’s Kisses or a Chapstick tube. The possibilities are endless.
Valentine Treat Holder Instructions:
- The cardstock base is 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Score the long side at 1 1/2″, 3″, and 4 1/2″. Then fold on score lines to form a triangular holder. I used cardstock that coordinated with the Painted with Love Designer Paper – Calypso Coral, Powder Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, and Melon Mambo. The Designer Paper is also thick enough to use as the base and I made a few with that.
- Next cut a 3/4″ x 4″ piece of designer paper for the small front flap.
- Then round the 2 corners of the base closest to the smallest section. Also round the designer paper piece corners on one side. You can use a corner rounder punch or the back of the envelope punch board (my favorite corner rounder!) Adhere the decorative piece to the front flap with tape runner.
- Punch 2 circles from coordinating cardstock or gold foil paper. The circles are 1 1/4″ in diameter and 1 1/8″ in diameter. Adhere with tape runner and embellish with a gold foil heart or stamped sentiment. Adhere the top half of this closure to the front flap with Fast Fuse or Score Tape – an extra strong adhesive.
- Finally attach a self stick velcro dot or square to the bottom half of the closure and the holder front as shown.
I’ve listed the supplies I used below. You could adjust the treat holder to any recipients – adults or children – by changing the paper, theme, treat, or embellishments. Check out the specials below to take advantage of freebies from me and from Stampin’ Up during Saleabration Jan. 3-March 31, 2018. Let me know if there’s anything I can help you with. If you need catalogs, just email me your name and address at [email protected]. I’ll be posting a Tutorial Video for the Treat Holder in my newsletter so be sure to subscribe. Or shop in my online store here. Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Free Saleabration Item from the Saleabration Brochure for every $50 you spend on products from any current Stampin’ Up Catalog (before Shipping and Tax)
- Host a party with $250 or more (before tax & shipping) and get an extra $25 Hostess Rewards plus your percentage
- Best DEAL – Join my Stampin’ Up Team during Saleabration and get 2 FREE Stamp Sets plus $125 of Stampin’ Up Products of your choice for only $99. Learn more HERE.
Lynda’s January Special –
- Free Ink Pad of your choice with any $75 or more order (before shipping and tax) using January Host Code E3PQF7MJ. You MUST use the Host Code at checkout to get special. If your order is $150 or more you will automatically receive the free ink pad. Just email me your color choice after you place your order.
- Free gift from me for all orders using Host Code E3PQF7MJ.
Lynda Falconer, Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator