Everybody Wants a Unicorn Card
Some lucky someone will have a Magical Day when they receive this whimsical unicorn card made from Stampin’ Up’s Magical Day stamp set. This card will go to my 3 year old grand daughter. She asked for a pink unicorn for Christmas. I think she wanted a real one but seemed satisfied with a stuffed animal. Blends pens make the rainbow background and Magical Mates Framelit Dies make cutting out the unicorn a snap.
This card is perfect for the young and the young at heart with a message suitable for any occasion. Mix it up by changing the colors, washi tape, stars, or stamped image. The stamp set also includes a mermaid, dragon, knight, wizard, and seahorse for an endless variety of cards. Here’s the details.
- The card base is 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Note Card. It comes in a pack, precut with envelopes.
- Choose 4 coordinating Blends Pens colors. I used the light version of Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, and Pink Flamingo. Scribble about a 1 inch thick section of each color as shown in the middle of the card. Blends will bleed through cardstock so be sure to have a protective layer of scratch paper underneath your card front and keep it open when coloring.
- Stamp the unicorn on a separate scrap of white cardstock. Color the mane, tale, and horn with regular Stampin’ Up Markers, using the fine tip. The blends pen tips were a little too large for this task.
- Stamp the magical sentiment on the card after the blends have had a minute to dry.
- Adhere Washi tape to each side of the card front, about 1/8″ from the edges.
- Stamp the “You Are One of a Kind” sentiment on the inside.
- Then cut a 3 1/2″ x 5″ sheet of designer paper using a pattern of your choice. Adhere it to the back of the card front .
- Next cut the unicorn out with the matching framelit die using a Big Shot. Adhere it to the middle of the card front, then accent the unicorn with Wink of Stella glitter pen. Be sure to stay away from any ink lines as the glitter pen will smear the ink.
- Finally, embellish the card front sky with metallic stars, enamel starts, rhinestones, or sequins to your liking. Then have a magical day!
Don’t Forget About Sale A Bration
Get free Sale A Bration stamp sets, papers, ribbons and more with any $50 or more purchase in my online store. See the Sale A Bration Brochure Here for more details. Use Host Code F2PYESJF for a free gift from me. If your order is $150 or more, don’t use the code and you will receive the hostess rewards automatically as well as the free gift from me. Click the product link below or click Here for My Online Store if you need anything. Thanks so much for your support. Enjoy the card!
Lynda Falconer, Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator
Email: [email protected]