Sympathy cards are special. When I make a sympathy card, I ‘m putting all the love and things I want to say into the art, sentiment, and crafting as I make the card. I want to create a card that shows the recipient how much I care and gives them support and hugs. I think this card fits the bill.
It’s made with the Heartfelt Blooms Stamp Set – one of Stampin’ Up’s distinctive images using a special technique to give the stamped image a photographic quality. This stamp is an attention getter and makes stunning images suitable for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, sympathy, and more. The single layer makes it quick and easy to create but the stamp image makes it look like complex. I had so much fun playing with different techniques using this stamp. Stay tuned for more show and tell with Heartfelt Blooms!
- The Whisper White Cardstock card base measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- I inked the Heartfelt Blooms Stamp with Dapper Denim ink each time I stamped it. I stamped off the edge of the card to get the design as shown. There’s no right or wrong way – just do what looks good to you.
- The ribbon is Night of Navy Corduroy Ribbon cut 4 1/4″ long and adhered about 1 1/2″ from the top.
- Next stamp your preferred sentiment. I used a retired stamp but there is a beautiful “Thinking of You” stamp in the Heartfelt Blooms set. Since the stamp is so large, it works best to tap the ink pad on top of the stamp to ink it.
- Then cut out the sentiment with the Stitched Shape Oval Framelit. I had some extra white space at the top of the sentiment oval so used the tip of the stamp to fill it in. I actually like the “fix” better than the original plan! That actually happens a lot!
- Finally attach the sentiment to a coordinating, slightly larger Dapper Denim cut Oval with Tape runner, then attach to card centered over ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The inside includes a sentiment and has a stamped off image on the top right corner similar to those on the front. So sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the inside but will show you in upcoming posts on some other cards I made.
Get Heartfelt Blooms Stamp For FREE
The Heartfelt Blooms Stamp Set is one of the SaleABration items you can choose for FREE with a $50 purchase in my online store until March 31. If you’re in love – don’t wait too long as items begin to sell out as we near the end of the promotion.