We’re headed to the beach next week and this summer card says it all!! I can’t wait to sit in this very chair with a cold glass of “punch” just soaking up the sun and the sand! Whether it’s on the beach, a front porch swing, or your crafting corner, we all need to take time to “just breathe”. I get that feeling every time I have crafting time! I really try to let go of the deadlines, uncertainty, and fear and let myself relax and enjoy the creative process. Just breathe. Creativity is actually good for you and can lower your blood pressure and help you relax.
This card was CASED from several different PINTEREST posts so I’m not sure who to give credit to. If you know the originator, please leave the name in the comments below. It uses Stampin’ Up’s Seasonal Layers thinlit dies for the chair, glass, and inside flowers, the Colorful Seasons stamp set for the sentiments, and the Swirly Bird stamp set for the sun and yellow splotches. It’s one of those cards that could work for any occasion . It is also one of my favorite types of cards – easy but looks hard! It will make you look soooo talented without having to be an artist! Just breathe!
- The card front measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and the card is made from half a sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ Whisper White card stock . Use an aqua painter to swish some watered down Sahara Sand ink across the bottom of the card (about 3/4″ from the bottom edge) to make the sand.
- Stamp the sun in the upper right hand corner with Crushed Curry ink. Stamp yellow splotches from the upper right corner to lower left ending at the sand. You’re doing great! Just breathe.
- Use a Big Shot Machine to cut out the Adirondack chair from Bermuda Bay Cardstock. Sponge the back of the chair with glue and attach it as shown. Stamp the drink glass with Calypso Coral Ink and cut it out with the matching thinlit die. Attach the glass to the chair arm with a pop dot (Stampin’ Dimensional).
- To complete the card draw the flying birds with a thin black marker – just like you drew them in kindergarten! Use the same pen to add a few dots to the sand to give it some dimension.
- Finally, stamp the sentiment with black ink at the bottom of the card front.
Don’t Forget the Inside!
- Stamp the sentiment inside the card with black ink.
- Stamp 3 flowers in the upper right corner with Calypso Coral ink.
- Finally, stamp the flower centers with black ink.
Ta Da!!! That’s it! Now don’t you think you can do this?? I KNOW you can! The products I used are listed below. Click HERE to go to my online store or click the product below for more details. I hope you’ll give this all occasion summer card a try – then SEND IT to someone special to remind them to Just Breathe!
- Bonus Days – Earn a $5 Coupon for every $50 you spend on product in July. Your coupon will be emailed to you to spend in August.
- Lynda’s Customer Appreciation Days – Choose a free stamp set from my many retired stamps for every $50 you spend in my online store using Host Code CGKKRARK. If your order is $150 or more don’t use code because you will earn your very own Stampin Reward Dollars PLUS automatically qualify for my free stamps.
- BEST DEAL Ever! Get the new Carols of Christmas Stamp Set plus 6 essential tools (grid paper, bone folder, paper snips, 2 D clear blocks, and SNAIL Adhesive for FREE when you purchase a Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up. Learn more HERE.
Lynda Falconer, Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator
Products Used for Summer Card