Magical Valentines for Kids
Magical dragons and mermaids make the perfect valentines for kids! These sweet and simple cards are great valentines for classmates. Kids love to make their own valentines and the Myths and Magic Designer Paper makes it easy. But if Mom wants to have all the fun, wouldn’t these make the cutest cards to tuck in a lunch box or backpack to tell your special little one how much you love them? I love the inside of the cards – the sentiment is the same, just turned different directions. It says “You are one of a kind, Valentine”. It’s great for boys or
girls to give as valentines because it’s NOT MUSHY so there will be no eye rolling!
Myths & Magic Paper
The papers have so many more possibilities too. You can use a castle theme with knights and wizards and dragons or opt for the magic of unicorns and mermaids. In fact, I’ll be sharing a unicorn card in an upcoming future blog post.
Valentines for Kids: Directions
So here’s the scoop on how to make either of these valentines. The list of supplies with links to my online store is below if you need anything.
- It all starts with the darling new narrow note cards and envelopes. The whisper white card base measures 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″. and comes precut in a package of 20 with envelopes.
- The next layer is the cloud designer paper (for dragon) or blue bubble designer paper (for mermaid) cut 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″.
- Then the dragon or the mermaid are fussy cut out of the designer paper. The Myths and Magic Specialty Paper has built in shine and multiple choices for colors and poses for the characters.
- Next the dragon or mermaid is adhered to card front as shown with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. The small pink heart is cut from the smallest framelit in the Sweet and Sassy Heart Framelit set and adhered as shown.
Mermaid Only – Use framelits to cut seaweed and adhere to bottom of card.
- Stamp the sentiment “You Are One of a Kind” twice on white cardstock with Dapper Denim ink. Cut out the “You Are” banner from the sentiment and adhere it with foam tape to the card front.
- Finally, mask the “You Are” banner with washi tape, ink the stamp, then remove the tape. This allows you to stamp just the “One of a Kind” part of the sentiment on the inside of the card.
- Finally, add the word “Valentine” under the inside sentiment in Flirty Flamingo. I used a stamp from the February Paper Pumpkin. You could also spell it out in letter stamps or use another Valentine stamp you already have.
Earn free Saleabration Products with a $50 or more order until March 31st. Watch for more details in tomorrow’s post. Would you like to join my Facebook Group? It’s all about inspiration, crafting, sharing, and project ideas. Just email me a email@example.com if you’re interested.
Lynda Falconer, Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator