Easy Christmas Card
I love Stampin’ Up’s new Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper for many reasons. It puts the “easy” in this Easy Christmas Card. But there’s one sheet in the paper pack I couldn’t figure out what to do with. It’s the one with “Merry Christmas” in a speech bubble in all different languages. Hmmm. I loved the wide red and white stripe, I was mad for the plaids, and fell in love those cute little English taxis and treats. Then finally the speech bubble spoke to me and insisted on being paired with those handsome nutcrackers! Voila! Quick and easy and darling card – you pick the language from 12 x 12 square inches of choices.
Make It Easy
- Start with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ Real Red card base.
- Cut a layer of black card stock 4 x 5 1/4 inches.
- Cut the nutcracker paper 3 3/4 x 5 inches being sure there is a nutcracker in the right place to add the speech bubble to as shown. Adhere the nutcracker rectangle to the black cardstock with tape runner.
- Wrap 18″ of 1/8 ” red satin ribbon around these two pieces about 1 inch from the bottom and tie in a bow. (Hint: I forgot to put the ribbon on before I glued down the black cardstock and nutcracker layer. If this happens, you can always punch a half hole in the card fold and wrap the ribbon through the front and inside of the card. This happens frequently for me! I actually like the look of having ribbon on the inside cover of the card. )
- Once the ribbon is tied, adhere the nutcracker/black cardstock paper to the card front.
- Fussy cut your choice of speech bubbles out and attach to card front as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals. It should be placed so that it looks like the nutcracker is saying it.
- Add 3 black rhinestones to the top left of the card and your favorite sentiment inside. You’ll want to cut out one of those handsome nutcrackers to add to the inside of the card or the envelope.
- Merry Christmas!
If you need any supplies, I’d be happy to be your personal Stampin’ Up Demonstrator! I love to spoil my customers and hope I get the chance to pamper you! You can get the supplies for this card and everything your crafty heart desires in my online store HERE. Be sure to use Hostess Code C24XHRUH in the month of October to get a special surprise in the mail from me! Don’t forget about the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Paper Sale in October – the list of paper packs that are a part of that special are below. I’ve also shown all the products used in this card – just click the product for more details or to purchase. Leave a comment below if you liked this card or have something you’d like to see me make.
Lynda Falconer, Stampin’ Up Demonstrator