Card making and CASE-ing go hand in hand! Have you ever wondered how people come up with so many designs? I get ideas from everywhere – my head, magazines, commercial cards, Pinterest, and other stampers. CASE – Copy And Share Everything – is a stamper’s stand by. It means you change a design from someone else and make it your own. Sometimes you can’t recognize the original when you see the CASE design. And other times you may just do a little tweak. In that case, I always try to give credit to the original designer.
So here’s my CASE! The original design is from Mary Fish. I changed the cardstock color and sentiment, eliminated a layer, changed candy dots to pearls, and added a doily. Voila – a whole new card! I loved the simple, clean design and the easy assembly.
I started by cutting an 8 1/2 x 11″ sheet of Whisper White cardstock in half to make two 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 ” rectangles – this gives you two card bases. Simply score the long side of each rectangle at 4 1/4″ to make a nice crease for your fold. So now you have a card base 4/14″ x 5 1/2″. This fits perfectly in the large Stampin’ Up Envelopes. I know you can get envelopes cheap when they go half price at the craft store, but do yourself a favor and try our envelopes one time. They quality is so superior to the bargain brands you may be a convert! At least you’ll want to use them when you embellish your envelopes with embossing or stamping – you will get a much better result. Now off my soapbox and on to the card!
1. Cut a 2 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ rectangle out of the red stripe in the Envelope Paper pack. Adhere to right side of card front. Cut a doily in half and adhere with SNAIL Adhesive (tape runner) to card front over stripe as shown in picture.
2. Cut a 3″ x 3″ square out of Garden Green cardstock. Adhere to card front as shown in pic above with SNAIL Adhesive.
3. Cut a 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ square out of white cardstock. Stamp “Thanks” or favorite sentiment in lower left corner with black ink. I used the top of a stamp that said “Thanks for Being You” and covered the “for being You” part with scotch tape. I then inked the stamp with black ink and REMOVED THE TAPE before stamping. It only had ink on the word “Thanks” so that ‘s all it stamped! Works for any stamp you want only part of.
4. Punch the tree trunk and top out of white cardstock using the Tree Builder Punch. Punch the little bird out of red envelope paper. Assemble the tree with 2-Way Glue Pen and adhere bird in branches.
5. Cut Stampin’ Dimensional edges (pop dots) to fit trunk of tree. Adhere to white cardstock beside sentiment. Use pop dots to attach white square to green square on card front.
6. Embellish red stripe with 3 pearls in the top left corner as shown.
7. Use Envelope Framelit to cut Watermelon Red envelope liner on Bigshot. Adhere to envelope with tape runner.
Now make someone’s day by sending this happy card to tell them how much you appreciate their friendship or kindness! It will make your day as well! Quick and easy! The stamp and punch make lots of other designs – wedding with 2 love birds in tree for the perfect “Pair”, teacher cards or gifts with the apple, and of course cupcakes for any occasion with the Sprinkles of Life Stamp Set. It is the designated Ronald McDonald House stamp and $3 from sale of each set goes to RHMC!
If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator I’d be so happy to take care of you! If you need product or supplies, shop in my online store today. Products used are listed at the bottom of this post. I hope you will email me if you CASE this card and share your handiwork! You can do it!
Lynda Falconer, Stampin’ Up Demonstrator
Online Store: www.lyndafalconer.stampinup.net