The realistic flowers on this Heartfelt Blooms birthday card give it a real WOW factor. I’ve always loved red, white, and navy and needed an excuse to use the adorable navy gingham checked ribbon. When I saw what this stamp could do, I had to try it in one of my favorite color combos. This stamp set seems to be a showstopper, no matter how I use it and this project was no exception. The gingham ribbon gives it a more casual touch, perfect for a cheerful birthday greeting. This design gives you a card maker’s trifecta – beautiful images, texture, and layers! I’ll be posting a video this weekend in my newsletter so be sure you’re subscribed by completing the form on the right sidebar (or scroll down on your phone).
Heartfelt Blooms Birthday Card Details
Card Base : 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Whisper White Cardstock
Navy Layer: 3 3/4″ x 5″ Night of Navy Cardstock
Top Layer: 3 1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White Cardstock
Navy 1/2″ Gingham ribbon – 5″ length
Sentiment – Butterfly Basics Stamp Set #138816
Heartfelt Blooms Stamp Set – Available for FREE as a Saleabration reward with any $50 or more purchase
- Center the top layer of white cardstock on the card front and loosely adhere with a touch of tape runner.
- Ink the Heartfelt Blooms stamp with Real Red Ink. I put the stamp on a large clear block and set it stamp up on work surface. I then tapped the ink pad down on the stamp until the stamp is completely inked.
- Next stamp across both layers as shown, stamping off the edge of the paper. (Be sure you’ve got grid paper or scrap paper under your card.) I stamped 4 times – showing different amounts of the flowers each time I stamped. Be sure to re-ink the stamp each time you stamp on the card.
- While you have your stamp out, stamp a corner on the inside of the card as shown.
- Now pull off the top layer and adhere it to the navy layer with SNAIL adhesive (tape runner). Add SNAIL Adhesive to the back of the gingham ribbon then wrap it around both layers and attach.
- Next stamp your choice of sentiment on white cardstock then punch it out with the Pretty Label Punch. There are several sentiments on the Heartfelt Blooms Stamp Set but I needed a birthday card. So I grabbed one of the oldie but goodie stamp sets – Butterfly Basics. I love the sentiment “Sending Wishes Your Way” because it works for everything! You just have decide what wishes you want to send, and add them inside.
- Punch out the sentiment with the Pretty Labels Punch. Then punch out a second label out of navy cardstock. Cut the navy label in half, horizontally, and adhere to the back of the sentiment, spreading the top and bottom of the navy label apart so that it frames the white sentiment label.
Finally attach the label to the front center over the gingham ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then attach the navy layer to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals. TA DA!
Supplies for Heartfelt Blooms Birthday Card
I’ve listed the supplies used below. If you need anything, you can click the link on each product or the SHOP button on the right side bar (at end of post on mobile device). The Heartfelt Blooms Stamp is a FREE Saleabration reward you can choose with a qualifying order of $50 or more. Be sure to check out all the Saleabration items and how you multiple ways to save money on the Saleabration Details Page Here. Be sure to use Hostess Code TQ4F4BD9 on your order to get a free gift from me. Thanks so much for your support!
Video coming to my YouTube Channel this weekend – under Lynda Falconer
Lynda Falconer, Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator