Tri-fold Gift Card Holder
Are you looking for a festive way to give the gift they really want for Christmas- cash or a gift card? Here’s a way to wrap it up so they still have something fun to open. The tri-fold gift card holder can be made with any paper to fit the occasion and the recipient. I was out of 12 x 12″ red cardstock so had to cut the top flap separately and tape it on, but the directions are for a continuous piece so that the width of the holder is the same all the way across. Stampin’ Up has 12 x 12″ Cherry Cobbler cardstock but not the Real Red. Here’s how:
Gift Card Holder – Instructions
- The red base is 12″ x 4 1/4″. Score long side at 5 1/8″ and 10 1/4″. Use a bone folder to crease the folds.
- The Merry Music paper is 11 1/2″ x 4″ for the outside and 11 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ for the inside. Attach those pieces with tape runner and fold on base’s score lines to crease the music paper. The Merry Music DSP is a lighter weight paper and keeps the project from being too thick.
- Cut a red rectangle 5 1/8″ x 4 1/4″ then cut it in half diagonally. Use one half to make the pocket for the gift card. Adhere to inside left with score tape or Fast Fuse on two sides only. Do NOT put adhesive on the diagonal so the gift card can slip in there. I trimmed the pocket with a 1/4″ wide strip of striped ribbon cut from Stampin’ Up’s 7/8 ” black and white striped wire ribbon.
- For the sentiment, cut a 4″ long label out of Real Red Cardstock and a 3 1/2″ label out of Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock using a Big Shot Machine and the Lots of Labels Framelits.
- Stamp the sentiment with “Celebrate the Season in black ink and embellish with silver holly with red berries and a rhinestone. Adhere the red label with tape runner and the lime label with dimensionals to pop it up.
- Punch the lemon lime label closure with the Everyday Label Punch. Top it with a silver foil label punched from the Pretty Label Punch.
- Use a strong adhesive such as Fast Fuse to adhere the silver foil label to the lime label as shown. Then attach the entire piece to the inside of the right flap as shown. Embellish with a clear faceted gem.
- To make the flower, cut 4 layers of black Merry Music DSP with the Pansy Punch. Spritz the 4 pansies with water and scrunch into a wad. Let dry a minute then carefully unfold the pansies. Let completely dry.
- Stack the 4 pansies, using a glue dot in the center of each to attach them to each other. Add a 1/2″ red glitter circle to the center of the pansy, then top with a large clear faceted gem.
- I cut 3 leaf punches -1 red cardstock, 1 silver glimmer paper, 1 red glimmer paper, and used tape runner to attach them in the center of the outside flap so they’d be under the pansy. I also added a berry sprig in lemon lime cardstock.
- Finally, attach the pansy with glue dots. Ta da! Really cute tri-fold gift card holder!
Here’s the supplies I used. If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I’d be happy to take care of you! Click the product below for more details in my online store or click SHOP right here. Be sure to use the December Host Code 76GY2ZMR for a special surprise from me!
Lynda Falconer, Stampin’ Up Demonstrator