Easy Valentine 4 You
This easy elegant valentine reminds me of the excitement I always felt as a kid preparing for Valentine’s Day! I couldn’t wait to open my valentine’s to see if I had one from my current crush! Today my current crush always gets me a funny valentine. He is so proud of himself for picking out the perfect card – it usually includes an animal with wiggly eyes – sooo romantic!
I still enjoy making valentines and this card was no exception. It’s easy and elegant – something I’d be proud to give. Since most of my valentines go to friends, the sentiment is generic enough for anyone and it has enough sparkle and bling to suit the most discerning valentine. I used the new narrow mini cards and envelopes for my base. They come in a pack of 20 in thick Whisper White cardstock. The card base measures 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.
- First completely cover the card front with a 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ layer of Melon Mambo cardstock.
- Next cut a 4 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ rectangle from the small hearts page of the Painted with Love Specialty Designer Paper. Be sure the rows of hearts are centered vertically.
- Then cut a Melon Mambo cardstock heart with the 2″ heart framelit from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits on a Big Shot Machine. Swipe tape runner across the back of the heart, then fold an 8″ length of mini gold sequin trim in half and lay it across the back of the heart on the tape runner. Then attach the heart to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The “4” was stamped in a corner of melon mambo cardstock with white ink and cut out in a square leaving a 1/8″ border around the “4”. The stamp comes from the Labeler Alphabet Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up. I hand cut another slightly larger square from Flirty Flamingo cardstock to back it.
- Next cut the word “YOU” with the Celebrate You Framelits. This is one of the FREE Sale-A-Bration choices available with a $100 order . It’s a great set and worth saving up for! Attach the YOU to the heart with tape runner on the left and to the card front with foam strips on the right.
- Finally, embellish the heart with gold vinyl stickers (these are so fun!)
Supplies and Specials –
I’ll be posting a video tutorial for this and other valentines on my newsletter so be sure you’re subscribed by completing the form on this blog.
We are sharing the love in January with free Sale-A-Bration Products from Stampin’ Up and my own specials. If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator I’d love to be yours! I promise to take very good care of you! You can shop anytime in my online store Here.
- FREE Sale-A-Bration item for every $50 purchase. Exclusive Saleabration items available for $100 orders (before tax and shipping)
- Lynda’s January Special – FREE Classic ink pad with $75 purchase (before tax and shipping) when you use Host Code E3PQF7MJ at check out. You pick the color!
- $150 Order (before tax and shipping) gets you Hostess dollars AND FREE Ink Pad and FREE Saleabration items. Don’t use host code – you’ll automatically get the freebies.
- For $99 get 2 FREE Stamp Sets (up to $101 value), Free paper Pumpkin Kit, $125 your choice of Stampin’ Up Products, 20% discount on future orders when you join Stampin’ Up. Find out more Here.
You can see catalogs, the Sale-A-Bration Brochure, and shop in my online store on my Stampin’ Up Website HERE. If you need a catalog and brochure mailed to you please email your name and address to me at email@example.com. I’ll get one right out to you!
Lynda Falconer, Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator