Petal Palette Makes You Look Like an Artist
They’ll think you’re a professional with this artistic card made with Petal Palette Designer Paper and Blends Pens. I am not artistic! I can draw stick figures but shading and painting are beyond my capabilities! It took me a while to fall for the Petal Passion Suite. It seemed too artistic and I didn’t think I could pull it off. But I kept seeing all the beautiful cards it made and I succumbed. Once I got my hands on the bundle, I was in love. Everything I made, even when I didn’t know what I was doing, turned out beautifully. The Petal Passion Suite made me look like an artist and it will do the same for you! Here’s a Stampin’ Up Video with the basic techniques and an overview of the suite. Take a look then come back for artistic card details and more.
Get the Details
The artistic card above uses the large flower design in the Petal Palette Designer Paper. The flowers are colored using the new Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers designed with the novice in mind. Here’s the details:
- The card base is a standard A2 card size of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ using Daffodil Delight card stock.
- The flowered Petal Palette designer paper layer is 3″ x 5 1/2″. Pay attention to the flowers you want to highlight to be sure your cut allows for the best presentation of flowers.
- Next cut 2 strips of the black and white stripe measuring 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ going the opposite direction of the stripes.
- Before attaching anything to the card front, color the flowers with Stampin’ Blends. I colored the entire bloom with the light color, then went over the black lines and shading with the dark color – using the wide brush for both. I repeated the process until I was happy with the color, then used the color lifter on some of the petals to get the highlights and shading. You can color all the flowers and background or just a few to get totally different looks. The markers go on so smoothly it makes coloring fun. You can also blend 2 different colors to get a third color – the possibilities are endless! Blends will bleed through cardstock and designer paper so be sure you have scrap paper underneath to protect your work surface.
Put It Together
- Next, adhere the flower paper to the card center as shown with the stripes on either side. Tape runner will work fine.
- Choose a sentiment, stamp it in black ink, and cut it out with the label framelit. The end of the label is wrapped with linen thread which is knotted then adorned with the metal leaf embellishment, then tied in a bow. The label is embellished with black rhinestones, then attached to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally stamp the precious little bird with black Memento Ink (must use this with Blends Pens). Color your bird with Blends, cut out with framelit, and attach to top of sentiment using a Dimensional on the bird body.
- On the inside, I stamped the sentiment “From the Heart” and added an enamel heart embellishment
- Voila! Your work of art!
A list of products used are below. If you need supplies and don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, please choose me! I promise to take good care of you! There are lots of specials going on during Sale A Bration so be sure to check out all your options. If you have questions or need catalogs just shoot me an email at [email protected] Come back tomorrow for more Petal Palette artistic cards!
Sale A Bration Specials – Shop Here
- Earn a free Sale A Bration item from the Sale A Bration Brochure with $50 or more purchase (before tax & shipping) to get a when you .
- Earn a free higher end Sale A Bration item or 2 $50 qualifying items with $100 purchase (b4 tax & shipping)
- Spend $150 or more to get hostess rewards of 10% and up AND free Sale A Bration items
- Spend $250 or more to get hostess rewards, Free Saleabration Items, AND $25 extra hostess reward dollars. That equals $50 free product from ANY catalog and 5 free Sale A Bration products for a $250 order! You can order it all for yourself, or gather several friends and family together for an order. Just email me to find out how easy it can be.
- See the all catalogs and the Sale A Bration Brochure Here.
- Earn an extra $25 in free product when you host a party of $250 AND get your 10% Rewards+5 Sale A Bration Items
Best Deal Ever!
I want you to get the very best deal and it only comes once a year during Sale A Bration. Join Stampin’ Up for $99 and get:
- $125 product of your choice in your starter kit for $99
- 2 free stamp Sets of your choice (up to $101 value)
- Free Paper Pumpkin Kit from me
Email me for an information packet HERE.